General Tools to showcase new products at AHR Expo
NEW YORK — The new Mini-Anemometer/Psychrometer with CFM/CMM & Enthalpy (DAF3009) from General Tools & Instruments is ideal for HVACR technicians and contractors. It offers the ability to measure eight HVACR-related parameters in one handheld device that is small and light enough for one-handed operation.
The DAF3009 can measure all parameters associated with installing, testing and fine-tuning the performance of an HVACR system:
• Airflow Volume (in CFM or CMM)
• Air Speed (in ft/min, m/sec, km/hr, mph or knots)
• Enthalpy (in BTU/lb or kJ/kg)
• Ambient Temperature
• Dew Point Temperature
• Wet Bulb Temperature
• Wind Chill Index
• Relative Humidity
The instrument not only can measure air speed and airflow volume, but also can track and calculate the maximum, minimum and average values recorded over a measurement “session.” A session begins when the device is powered on and ends five minutes after the final measurement is made (when the Auto Power Off function activates). This capability is helpful for a variety of purposes, such as determining the fastest and slowest fans in a group or the average of a group of fans.
The DAF3009 also features a large backlit dual-readout LCD, a vane and sensor cap and a tripod mount. It offers the following measurement ranges and accuracies.
• Airflow Volume: 0 to 591,000 CFM (0 to 16,740 CMM); +/-3% typical
• Air Speed: 80 to 5910 ft/min (0.4 to 30 m/s); +/-3% typical
• Enthalpy: -8 to 318 BTU/lb. (-19 to 740 kJ/kg)
• Ambient Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) ; +/-1.8°F (1°C) typical
• Dew Point: -67° to 122°F (-55° to 50°C)
• Wet Bulb: -31° to 122°F (-35° to 50°C)
• Relative Humidity: 0 to 100%; +/-3% typical
The new 6-in-1 In-Duct Digital Psychrometer with Enthalpy (EP8711P) from General Tools & Instruments is also a new product that is ideal for HVACR technicians. It offers the ability to measure or calculate six parameters using a single instrument. It is designed for in-duct measurements upstream and downstream of the evaporator unit to determine an HVACR system’s efficiency. By calculating enthalpy, the device also allows a technician to assess a system’s efficiency before and after charging with a refrigerant.
The EP8711P can measure/calculate the following parameters:
• Ambient Temperature
• Relative Humidity (RH)
• Dew Point (DP)
• Wet Bulb Temperature (WBT)
• Absolute Humidity (Mixing Ratio)
The instrument’s integral probe is designed for use inside ductwork in order to better measure conditions and diagnose system performance issues. The 6-inch sensor-tipped probe has linear insertion markings and an adjustable rubber bushing. The unit also features a 4-digit, 1.5 in. (38mm) LCD display. A protective probe cap and a belt clip make the EP8711P ultra-portable and convenient on the job. The swiveling ability of the probe and display makes the instrument very versatile, increasing positioning options to facilitate optimal viewing of readings. All parameters (except RH) can be displayed in Imperial or metric units.
The EP8711P also can benefit professionals charged with monitoring and maintaining the environments of office buildings, greenhouses, food and equipment storage facilities, wineries, freezers, shipping containers, computer rooms, labs, libraries, museums and saunas.The EP8711P offers the following ranges and accuracies:
• Ambient Temperature: -4° to 158°F (-20° to 70°C)
• Ambient Temperature Accuracy: +/-0.9°F (0.5°C) typical
• RH Range: 0 to 100%
• RH Range Accuracy: +/-3% typical
• Dew Point Temperature Range: -76o to 158oF (-60o to 70oC)
• Wet Bulb Temperature Range: -49o to 158oF (-45o to 70oC)
• Absolute Humidity Range: 0 to 999 GPP (0 to 280g/kg)
• Enthalpy Range: -8 to 318 Btu/lb. (-19 to 740kJ/kg)
Customers can see General’s new Mini-Anemometer/Psychrometer with CFM/CMM & Enthalpy (DAF3009) and 6-in-1 In-Duct Digital Psychrometer with Enthalpy (EP8711P) at Booth 6227 at the AHR Expo, January 26-28, at McCormick Place in Chicago. The instruments will be on display and available for order.